We’re looking for exceptional technicians to deliver the most efficient, highest quality customer experiences in Critical Power UPS repair, installation and maintenance.
As an UPS technician, you will work as part of a dynamic and passionate team to demonstrate technical competency and ensure desired sales metrics. The position will be based at our Head Office in Johannesburg, with opportunities to travel to various countries within MPT’s portfolio.
• Perform ongoing preventive and repair work on electrical and other installed systems, equipment, and other components
• Maintain, operate, and repair all supported UPS systems and associated equipment
• Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on conditions impacting satisfactory client requirements
• Respond effectively to all emergencies
• Prepare and submit to management service and summary reports listing conditions found in the performance of assigned work, and recommend and/or suggest action to be taken
• Study and become familiar with the various items of equipment, and the methods required to use them properly, that are required in everyday activities
• Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas.
• Recognise danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
• Willing and able to support any afterhours work related activities as required.
• Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected
• Communicate effectively with the client
• Scheduled Maintenance duties
• Emergency assistance during standby duties including ability to troubleshoot in order to correct assessments of problems in order to action appropriately.
• Participate in Industry or Company specific training and certification programs
• Be aware of and familiar with the site-specific operations and on-site procedures.
• Anticipate typical problems, identify potential or recurring problems, discover opportunities for improvements, and take appropriate action.
• Comply and consistently utilize standard processes and procedures to effectively manage customer and operational needs. Promote adherence to all relevant Regulatory and Safety requirements, both legislated and internal standards.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS (Soft, Technical and System):
• Engineering Degree or relevant diploma/Btech
• Wireman’s license will be an advantage.
• 3-5 years of UPS maintenance experience with a clear understanding of all components relevant to UPS systems.
• Knowledge of various different power components and systems is an advantage (rectifiers, generators, batteries etc)
• Technician hand tools
• Trouble-shooting skills with ability to think outside of the box
• Working electrical knowledge, including the use of tools and test equipment
• Flexibility to work overtime
• Ability to use a computer for digital reporting and internal processes.
• Valid driver’s license
• Must pass pre-employment screening and criminal background checks
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to maintain exceptional standards in terms of attendance and punctuality.
• Well presented with neat and professional appearance.
• Able to maintain confidentiality, be detail oriented and disciplined, and adept at multi-tasking
This role will be full time (Monday to Friday 07h30-17h00) with certain standby duties and based at our Head Office in Strijdompark, Johannesburg
TEAM CULTURE / DYNAMICS
This position is perfect for a qualified, experienced service Engineer who has high energy levels and enjoys working in a fast growing and dynamic customer driven environment
Details CTC Negotiable
Total Cost to company To be negotiated
Annual leave per year 15 days per annum
Probation period 6 months
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV TO: email@example.com