Vacancy available for a diesel generator mechanical technician, read more for
more information on the vacancy:
Please see an outline of the requirements
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Qualified Diesel mechanic – (Mechanical Technician) (Preferred)
- Trade Certificate from relevant technical institution
- Current relevant electrical certification preferred
- Locally valid driving permit
- South African Citizen
- Significant field service work experience (Generator Specific)
- Expert level knowledge of and/or experience with power generation products
- Customer service experience
- Experience providing technical advice and coaching to more junior technicians (preferred)
- Technical specialist and primary customer support contact to diagnose and execute complex repairs to generators and components at the customer’s site.
- Establishes and continually develops productive customer relations and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs
- Applies the use of specialised tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete complex repairs at customer site.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on power generation products in the field
- Escalates unresolved issues to product specialists / Supervisor
- Coaches and develops technicians and/or apprentices and transfers knowledge and experience to others; may provide work direction; may review of repair plans, parts lists, etc.
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
- Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor
- Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements and recommend appropriate action
- Able to develop and maintain productive working relationships
- Ability to prepare reports providing feedback on service interventions
- Able to understand and follow the Technical Support Request
- Ability to identify and resolve engine system failures relating to and impacted by component failure
- Ability to guide / coach other service technicians (including customer and/or dealer technicians) through complex service interventions and diagnostic issues
- Can resolve complex technical problems
- Ability to identify and up sell further service and repair opportunities