MPT requires Sales Engineers who sell engineering and technological products, solutions and services to the various target markets within the critical power industry. Based at MPT’s 24/7/365 Monitoring Centre – these sales engineers must have extensive knowledge and experience in the Critical Power industry and must understand the processes that make these products and services work.
• Providing first level support within MPT’s 24/7/365 Monitoring Centre during business hours and assisting customers to remotely fault find when required.
• Assisting the various field engineers and customers to coordinate emergency responses and support in order to close out alarms.
• Driving new and repeat business from the 24/7/365 Monitoring Centre
• Responsible for customer relationships through account management and driving new and repeat business through analysis of monitoring reports in order to achieve revenue and profitability goal.
• Managing assigned customer accounts and achieving revenue goals associated with revenue and profit targets.
• Negotiating and implementing new contracts and managing account deliverables on existing Service Level Agreements.
• Measuring customer loyalty and providing regular reports to senior management
• Maintaining accurate sales reporting and forecasting via the various MPT tools and platforms
• Assuring exceptional communication during emergencies, breakdowns between Customers, Life Centre Operators, field service engineers and management (Telephonic standby required as needed)
• Preparing and delivering commercial proposals and technical presentations that explain products or services to existing and prospective customers.
• Conferring with customers and engineers to assess equipment and material required and determining system requirements followed by detailed commercial proposals if appropriate.
• Collaborating with sales teams to understand customer requirements and providing sales support
• Recommending improved materials or equipment to customers, showing how changes will lower costs, downtime and increase production.
• Assist R&D in researching and developing new products where appropriate.
• Remote Monitoring – Report analysis
• Sales and account management
• Product Demonstrations and Troubleshooting for Prospects
• Report concerns, alarms and irregularities both verbally and in writing.
• Communicate effectively and handle technical issues or emergency situations appropriately
• Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with clients, employees and MPT guests.
• Participate in Industry or Company specific training and certification programs
• Be aware of and familiar with the site-specific operations and on-site procedures.
• Anticipate typical problems, identify potential or recurring problems, discover opportunities for improvements, and take appropriate action.
• Assist maintenance teams to troubleshoot problems and ascertain probable causes
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS (Soft, Technical and System)• Electrical Engineering Degree
• Experience in the critical power industry a must have
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, with demonstrated ability to follow instructions diligently
• Must possess strong computer skills and demonstrate the ability to effectively operate and manage system tools and processes.
• SE should have access to their own transport and not be dependent on Public Transport only
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with the ability to work independently.
• Ability to maintain exceptional standards in terms of attendance and punctuality.
• Well presented with neat and professional appearance.
• Conduct and present him / herself in a friendly and professional manner.
• Dynamic with ability to provide excellent and quality customer service.
• Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively
• Able to maintain confidentiality, be detail oriented and disciplined, and adept at multi-tasking
This role will be full time (Monday to Friday 07h30-17h00) and based at our 24/7/365 Life Centre in Strijdompark, Johannesburg
TEAM CULTURE / DYNAMICS
This position is perfect for an experienced electrical engineer who has high energy levels and enjoys working in a fast growing and dynamic sales environment
Details Basic CTC + Commission + allowances
Total Cost to company To be negotiated
Annual leave per year 15 days per annum
Probation period 6 months
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV TO: firstname.lastname@example.org