We are looking for an experienced Technical Manager for MPT’s Generator division who will be responsible for managing the various generator teams within MPT’s Group Companies. We require this manager to provide direction for the development and implementation of various services and sales strategies, plans and service schedules as well as cost and quality objectives. To continue and drive our environment of openness to new ideas and approaches, identify opportunities for innovation, and implement creative ideas that result in continuous business improvement.
The Technical Manager is accountable for the performance of the generator team of technicians / engineers. The Manager will utilise a wide array of knowledge, technical skills and critical thinking abilities to facilitate the fast turnaround of both the quality checking of new product, and the repair of items that have failed in the customer environment, as well as promoting service agreements after warranty periods expired and performing contracted periodical maintenances. He / she will be responsible for trouble-shooting, maintaining overall status of generator equipment and fuel systems within the MPT Group portfolio. He / She would improve quality by offering suggestions, act to meet customers’ needs, implement quality improvements and assure exceptional standards in all aspects of MPT’s Services.
The Technical Manager will adhere to all company policies, standards and procedures and accepts responsibility for the continuous improvement and overall well being of the relationship between customers and Master Power Technologies Generator division.
• Manage the Generator technical services teams within budgets and Service Level Agreement (SLA) parameters
• Manage all Generator Services Scheduling with services coordinators.
• Assist in technical sales efforts.
• Consistently deliver high-quality services to our clients.
• Managing relevant supplier relationships
• Serve as a key participant in team and client meetings.
• Participate in all programs relating to performance evaluations and career development planning.
• Mentor Generator Technicians through formal and informal channels.
• Assess training needs and selects training tools for team members.
• Review the service reports of team members and address issues as appropriate.
• Submit regular required management reports
• Provide technical direction across multiple client engagements from the sales phase through to implementation and delivery phase.
• Apply knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
• Suggest alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently
• Create and execute Installation and service plans across multiple projects and SLAs and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Keep project managers well informed of status of effort and serve as liaison between Sales staff and project manager and/or client across multiple projects.
• Managing a team of technicians and engineers to maintain, repair and support and support equipment within the MPT Group portfolio. To diagnose and fault find the repair of company products
• Training and Support
• Quality System and reporting duties
• People Management
• Continued professional Growth
• Participate in Industry or Company specific training and certification programs
• Be aware of and familiar with the site-specific operations and on-site procedures.
• Anticipate typical problems, identify potential or recurring problems, discover opportunities for improvements, and take appropriate action.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS (Soft, Technical and System):
• Engineering Degree and experience in the critical power industry a must have
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, with demonstrated ability to follow instructions diligently
• Must possess strong computer skills and demonstrate the ability to effectively operate and manage system tools and processes.
• should have access to their own transport and not be dependent on Public Transport only
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with the ability to work independently.
• Ability to maintain exceptional standards in terms of attendance and punctuality.
• Well presented with neat and professional appearance.
• Conduct and present him / herself in a friendly and professional manner.
• Dynamic with ability to provide excellent and quality customer service.
• Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively
• Able to maintain confidentiality, be detail oriented and disciplined, and adept at multi-tasking
This role will be full time (Monday to Friday 07h30-17h00) with certain standby duties and based at our Head Office in Strijdompark, Johannesburg
TEAM CULTURE / DYNAMICS
This position is perfect for an experienced services engineer who has high energy levels and enjoys working in a fast growing and dynamic customer driven environment
Details CTC + Allowances – to be negotiated
Total Cost to company To be negotiated
Annual leave per year 15 days per annum
Probation period 6 months
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV TO: email@example.com